Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Scrutinize

The big question I get whenever I come out of hibernation from my house..."Are you "settled in yet"?.

Unpacked - yes. Officially "settled in" - no. It's going to be a while until I feel that way.

So far we've finished one bathroom (2 parts) and two bedrooms. Even though these rooms have been painted, they are still far from being completed. Still have hardware to change, furnishings to replace/acquire, walls that still need some extra attention., etc. But we'll get there!

Today, I'm working on the hallway. I've learned that it's impossible for me to just "pick a color" that I like. I'm definitely a "neutral" gal. But it's so much more than finding a color that I like. It's finding a color that I can "live with". I'm really bad about scrutinizing my color choices - shades matter! Here's the existing color in the majority of the "common" areas of our house (excuse the dirty baseboard) ...

Here's my new color choice...


I debated going a litter darker but it's a hallway - no natural light. Tried to find a shade that would reflect a night light well. Can't stand walking through a tunnel. See how much better the wood floors look with this different color?

No comments:

Post a Comment