Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mini Frame Grouping

After my painting binge...I did a little picture hanging. - Trying to keep the momentum flowing AND eliminate some of these stacks...




I have this framed map that we used to have hanging in the basement for the girls. I hate to get rid of it, I love the colors - but didn't want to use it in either of their rooms, so I've opted to use it in the short hallway outside their rooms.

I had a collection of colorful lacquered frames (bought on sale @ Pottery Barn) that I wanted to group on the opposite wall. It's the first time I've ever really hung a "group" of frames so I traced the back of the frames onto wax paper and cut them out. Then I just taped the templates onto the wall until I figured out how I wanted to arrange everything. Since I had marked the placement of the hooks on my template, I was able to hammer my nail directly where it needed to be! Worked like a charm. Since my frames were different sizes I opted to keep the frames level across the top and bottom - to keep it uniform.


TA DA!
I'm really pleased at how it turned out. Next I plan to sort through my photos for some great pictures that depict specific regions. I think the girls will get a kick out of looking at the pictures and then finding that place on the map.


No comments:

Post a Comment