Sunday, October 17, 2010

Trick or Treat?


I had to provide a "treat" for school earlier in the month and decided on my Mom's cupcakes. They are actually lemon-ish cupcakes but I added a little orange food coloring. I'm not a fan of icing and these taste great without so I just added some decoration to make it more appealing to kids. Not only were you expecting an orange flavored cupcake...it also looked like it might have some chocolate icing but it was really just black icing. I started out pretty ambitious - trying to make jack-o-lanterns and spider webs, then just opted for an easy swirl.


Here's the recipe. You will not be disappointed!


1 box of Lemon Supreme Cake Mix

Four eggs

3/4 cup of oil

1/2 cup of sugar

1 cup of apricot nectar


This recipe will make a little over 2 dozen cupcakes if you only fill the cups half full.

I try to keep the cakes from baking up above the liner.

If you don't want "icing" - you can make a glaze out of lemon juice and powdered sugar to drizzle on top.

- Or just eat them without!







No comments:

Post a Comment