Thursday, April 23, 2009

Koolickles - It's a "Delta" thing

And this is what you get when you pour a packet of Tropical Punch Kool Aid and a cup of sugar into a jar of Kosher dill pickle spears to soak for three days. After a week, the pickle will be red throughout.
You'll need to drain the pickle juice, add the sugar and Kool Aid to the juice. Then pour it back into the jar. You will have juice left over.
I like to mix up a batch when I know we're going to be at a "gathering". It's something fun for everyone to try.


2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, as much as i LOVE Koolickles...and i do!!!! This pic gives me the willies...it's weird...HA! I don't know why, it just looks funky...to the blog readers...really they are yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen ones made w/ grape Kool Aid? Talk about scary!

    ReplyDelete