Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tall & Skinny (tree)

At the risk of sounding like Scrooge, I'll openly admit that my husband and I did not put up a Christmas tree for probably the first seven years of our marriage. We always went home to be with our families for the holidays - it wasn't worth the trouble. I did, however, usually decorate a little outside.


Once our eldest was old enough to enjoy the tree (two) - we finally put one up. Despite being treeless all those years, I'd acquired quite a nice collection of ornaments. The first year we decorated, I tried to let the girls participate but there were too many ornament casualties. So it was then, that I'd dug out a bag of Mardi Gras beads that I'd had packed away from our years of living in Louisiana. I also invested in some cheap plastic ornaments. And thus, our tradition started... For now, I hang the lights and let the girls do the rest - unassisted without my direction.


The players... "unbreakable" /cheap ornaments





Mardi Gras beads



Up close...
Our tall and skinny tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment