Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Halloween - Past

This year, in an effort to "speed up" the Halloween costume search - I've convinced the girls to let me "surprise" them with their costumes. I've gotten their "suggestions" but you never know - the store might be out of their size (wink, wink). Otherwise "the search" is a long grueling process which usually ends with the purchase of a costume that I'm not that crazy about.


When the girls were about two and a half and nine months old. I made a chicken costume that I had seen in the Martha Stewart magazine. Unfortunately, the feathers freaked Grace out and she wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. All I could get her to wear was the head piece and the tights. Catherine wore a "store bought" little piglet costume.

The next year I prepped Grace far in advance for the costume. She wore it without resistance. I also got crafty again and made another MS costume - the lamb.

And here are the fruits of my labor... the first and last of my "homemade" costume career.



No comments:

Post a Comment